Monday 26 April 2010

Aysgarth Falls

Today I took a trip over to Aysgarth Falls. A set of three waterfalls in the Yorkshire Dales.

The waterfalls are looked after by the National Park Authority and they have great walkways and viewing areas all the way up the river.

Apart from its amazing beauty the falls have a Hollywood claim to fame.


I started on the walk and the first thing I came to was an interesting Sculpture/Seat representing the falls.

 

From their the path continued till I came to the next piece of sculpture.



From their I came across the first viewing platform for the Falls.


The picture below is taken from the viewing platform.




From their I went further along the paths and took some images of what was around me.





I came to the last viewing point. From here you could go behind the barriers and get down close to the waters edge. From their you could walk along the river.





On the walk back I noticed some writing on the stones I was walking on.






Well that was it. A very nice walk and some amazing views. Highly recommended and with the well looked after paths and steps anyone could go. And with a Tea shop at the end the walk was even more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. A very interesting and well produced blog. I've been there several times and it's well worth the view. You've showm me some things I've not seen before. Good photos depicting the beautiful scenery.

    Fellow fujifinepixer
    Viv

    ReplyDelete